Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Independence Day

This 4th of July weekend was a hit! On Saturday, we went with Zach and Olivia out to roast marshmallows and eat s'mores. Mm. On Sunday, we went to church and then slept. Oh yes, I do love the day of rest. Monday was the fourth and we celebrated it by hanging with Sister Morgan and some of our dear Writing Center alumni. We're all pretty much graduated now. The weather was delightful, and the company was great.

First, we went to the parade in the morning. Everything seemed more exciting as we chanted and yelled at just about every float, even if it was just advertising (which most of it was). We also hung out at Porter Park to enjoy some live music and people watchat least I did.














Afterwards, we retired to Sister Morgan's beautiful abode for a BBQ with grilled corn and hotdogs. I contributed red and blue "I heart America" JELL-O jigglers to the mix.











Tomás and I decided to do our own little firework show before we hit up the bigger Rexburg firework show.









All in all, this Independence Day was fantastic. I love you America.

No comments:

Post a Comment